We are currently looking for gardeners with a passion for native plants and organic gardening. Read our ad below:
Fine Gardening Job Opportunity
We are looking for experienced fine gardeners or recent graduates with either an AA degree in Horticulture or relevant experience (Nurseries, landscaping, etc …) to work as subcontractors for our estate and residential gardening business. We anticipate this being a long-term relationship and are looking for people committed to sustainable gardening practices.
– 2+ years gardening field experience or AA in Horticulture
– Must own your own basic gardening tool kit (pruners, saw, hori hori, broom, rake, dust pan, shovel, bucket, etc.)
– Knowledge of botanical and/or common names of basic plant materials
– Must own a reliable vehicle; our job sites are not easily reached by other methods of transportation
– Must be able to perform garden-related heavy labor tasks for extended periods of time, including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
– Available for at least 20 hours/week
– This is a subcontractor position. You are required by law to pay your own taxes and carry your own insurance.
Additional beneficial experience:
– Experience with vegetable and/or native plants
– Carpentry or irrigation experience
– Experience managing subcontractors or gardening crews
– Working with the public and dealing professionally with diverse personalities
– Friendly, easy-going disposition
– A truck to transport materials
– General fine garden maintenance of gardens from Los Altos to San Francisco
– We garden in a sustainable manner, using native plants and low water landscapes wherever possible. No chemicals or synthetic fertilizers, no CO2 producing machinery.
– Tasks include, but are not limited to: moving mulch and compost, weeding, watering, planting, pruning, plant removal, irrigation installation and retrofitting, clean up, blowing leaves, raking, sweeping, power washing, trimming hedges and vines, double digging, composting, fertilizing, and mowing lawns.
– 20 hours/week on 3 weekdays to start
– You will work alone and with other gardeners, mostly under direct supervision
– Starting pay will be based on demonstrated experience.
If interested, please reply to email@example.com with your name, contact information (including telephone number) and details of your gardening experience. Also of use but not essential would be a resume, references, and photos of your work or student portfolio.